- 1 What is the corona Virus?
- 2 Symptoms of Coronavirus
- 3 Human Metapneumovirus
- 4 Effects of HMPV on human’s body
- 5 More facts about human metapneumovirus:
- 6 2019- Novel Coronavirus
- 7 Steps needed to prevent 2019 – nVOC virus to spread if you are infected
- 7.1 Stay at your home
- 7.2 Stay away from people at your home
- 7.3 Inform the doctor about your infection before visiting him
- 7.4 Make sure to wear facemask
- 7.5 Cover your mouth and nose while sneezing
- 7.6 Sharing household items should be avoided
- 7.7 Washing hands is important
- 7.8 Properly monitor your symptoms
- 7.9 Stay away from pets and other animals
- 8 Pet treatment from Coronavirus
- 9 Do I have a virus
- 10 Other important tips
- 11 Coronavirus News
Coronavirus is a family of viruses that cause illness of different kinds. It causes infection in the upper throat, sinus, and nose. Some Coronavirus is not dangerous, but some cause serious infections Coronavirus spread between people and animals, and so are zoonotic. They can easily circulate in humans and animals. Some are circulating in animals and not affecting human beings. In some severe conditions, Coronavirus can cause acute respiratory syndrome, pneumonia, kidney failure and even can cause death.
Most common symptoms include fever, breath shortness, cough, difficulty in breathing and respiratory symptoms.
What is the corona Virus?
Coronavirus was first discovered in the 1960s. Nobody knows their source; how did they originate? They possess a crown-like shape that is why named Coronavirus. Some coronavirus has severe effects on humans and animals. They transferred to other humans, just like other germs, that is, by sneezing, coughing or handshaking any infected person or touching him, similarly any object that any infected person has touched.
Mostly, the young child got Coronavirus, and every person got infected by it once in their life. It can affect at any time but primarily attacks in winter.
Most coronavirus has symptoms as other infections like upper respiratory infection, coughing, sore throat, fever, and running nose. Rhinovirus is a Coronavirus, has symptoms just like other viruses.
Upper respiratory infection is caused by metapneumovirus in human beings. It comes winter and spring season, with the “flu” season. Metapneumovirus was first found in 2001, and scientists are finding its symptoms.
This virus is transferred when you contact an infected person. It enters your body through your nose, mouth, and eyes. It is the leading cause of respiratory disease in human beings, especially in a child. Children age five years mostly got infected by this virus. People of all ages got infected by this virus and caused respiratory infections in them.
Effects of HMPV on human’s body
It infects the cells in the respiratory system, after entering into your body. The common symptoms of this attack are fever, runny nose, fever, local pain, headache, etc. wheezing and cough increased if they enter to main bronchi or central airways. Loss weight and low body temperature are also seen in children having age less than a year.
Commonly, metapneumovirus has no severed effects. Same as the other infections, people are having mild symptoms recover without any treatment. People having a weak immune system and people of old age have more risk of severe pneumonia. Metapneumovirus has less severe effects, as compared to other respiratory infections, like influenza, adenovirus.
More facts about human metapneumovirus:
- People of different ages got affected by metapneumovirus and caused upper respiratory infections, especially in a child. Symptoms go away after a few days, in some cases.
- People infected by this virus rarely got severe pneumonia, especially the people age more than 75.
- Having a sound immune system can also help you to avoid the severe effects of human metapneumovirus.
2019 novel coronavirus or “2019- nCOV” is a type of virus that causes outbreaking of respiratory illness. It is discovered recently in Wuhan, China. Wuhan has a link to seafood and animal market cause to spread Coronavirus from animals to humans. Now, the transfer of Coronavirus is from person to person. It is unclear until now that how sustainable or easy it could be to control this virus.
Coronavirus is common in many different species and is a large family of viruses. They are usually found in various animals including cats, dogs, bats, cattle and camels. SARS and MERS are from the family of Coronavirus and can also affect humans and then spread people to people. When an infected person sneezes or coughs, the virus spread from the respiratory droplets of the infected person and transmitted to other persons. Respiratory pathogens and influenza spread in this way. SARS and MERS, usually, spread to the close contact people.
One most important thing to note is that easiness of transmission of the different viruses, from person to person is different. Some viruses are less contagious, and some are more. A better understanding of how different viruses spread enable you to judge the risks associated with a particular virus. There are many things to know about the severity, transmissibility, and the features of the virus.
How to Prevent from 2019 – nCOV:
Currently, there is no vaccine for 2019- nCOV infection treatment. It is better to avoid meeting the people infected with 2019 –nCOV, to prevent himself. CDC has some recommendations for every day as preventive action so that you can not catch the respiratory virus. This includes the following:
- Use Soap and warm water to wash your hands, for at least 20 seconds. In case water and Soap are not available, alcohol-based hand-washer can be used. Make sure that at least 60% of alcohol must be present in you’re your sanitizer.
- If your hands are not washed, don’t touch nose, eyes, and mouth.
- Avoid meeting people who are already infected with this virus.
- If you are sick, stay at home and don’t go outside.
- Cover your face and nose, while sneezing and coughing so that respiratory droplets may not go out and infect others.
- Put the tissue in the trash and properly dispose of it, after using it, while sneezing or coughing.
- Stay clean
- Make sure the objects you need to use frequently, should be disinfected and clean.
These above virus prevention habits may help you to avoid this infection.
Treatment of 2019 – nCOV
For 2019 – nCOV infection, no proper antiviral treatment is recommended. Infected people may get supportive care to get escape from these symptoms. If you witness 2019 – nVOC disease, you should immediately contact your health care provider.
Steps needed to prevent 2019 – nVOC virus to spread if you are infected
If you are infected with 2019- nVOC virus, you must follow the following steps, so that other people in the community and your family may feel safe from this infection.
Stay at your home
If you are infected, make sure to stay at your home, but only if you need any medical care. Avoid going to school, college, works, and any other public place. Also, make sure not to use public transport, including taxis.
Stay away from people at your home
Make sure to stay away from people at your home. You should stay in a separate room, and other family members should stay in another room. it is also essential to use a separate washroom.
Inform the doctor about your infection before visiting him
Before visiting your doctor, contact him or her and inform you that you are infected with 2019 – nVOC disease. In this way, doctors can take necessary precautions to avoid other people in surrounding to get this virus.
Make sure to wear facemask
Make sure to wear a facemask, while meeting other people, like when you are in the same room with your family, or while visiting your doctor. In case you could not wear a facemask, people surround you should wear a facemask to avoid infection.
Cover your mouth and nose while sneezing
You should cover nose and mouth, while sneezing and coughing, so that the virus could not spread around, through your respiratory droplets. You can use the tissue to cover your mouth and nose, or you can sneeze into your sleeves if tissue is not available. But it is essential to avoid the people in your surroundings from being infected because respiratory droplets go far away in your surroundings and spread germs in the environment. Waste your tissue and throw it into the dustbin after using it, and make sure to wash your hands properly.
Sharing household items should be avoided
Try not to share the household items, including dishes, water glasses, cups, bedding, towels, and other objects in the house. Make sure to wash these items thoroughly with water and Soap after using them.
Washing hands is important
Wash your hands using Soap and water for at least 20 seconds. In case water and Soap are not available, alcohol-based hand-washer can be used. Make sure that at least 60% of alcohol must be present in you’re your sanitizer.
Properly monitor your symptoms
Do contact your health provider, soon after you come to know about your disease. Regularly visit your health provider and inform him about your symptoms. Try to avail quick medical help if your infection is going severe. Contact your health care providers and tell him about your symptoms. This would also be helpful for the health care provider to take the necessary steps on time and also they could avoid other people to get infected.
Stay away from pets and other animals
If you are infected, make sure to stay away from animals and other animals. Although, pets or other animals are not got affected by 2019 – nVOC virus, as reported. But, some severe infection can also infect them. Different types of coronavirus cause infections in both animals and humans. So, make sure to stay away from animals or make sure to wear a facemask while contacting with these animals.
No case is reported in pets or other animals related to Coronavirus. But, Chinese are rushed to the market to buy face masks for their pets from Coronavirus. Since the virus is detected in China, the demand for these faces masks has skyrocketed. Many pets seem wearing a face mask in China.
The world health organization (WHO) revealed that it is not cleared that if a virus:
“Has any impact on the health of animals, or not” Because “No case is reported in any species.”
But China’s National Health Commission (CNHC) warned people about infected people and recommend that “if your pet is with the contact of any coronavirus infected person, there is a chance that pet may be got infected.”
Coronavirus is an infectious disease that highly infects dogs and especially puppies. Coronavirus stays for a short period on the infected animal, but cause severe respiratory and abdominal discomforts that stay for a long time. Coronavirus is named because of its shape, and if you see it with a microscope, it looks like a crown. Many coronavirus cause infections in birds, animals, and humans. Canine virus, from the family of Coronavirus, does not affect humans, but can severely infect dogs.
Canine Coronavirus that is common in dogs, spread through oral contact with an infected entity. Dogs may also be got infected by eating from contaminated bowls or directly contacting the infectious dogs. Unsanitary and crowded conditions help Coronavirus to spread. Symptoms of Coronavirus appear after 4 to 5 days after picking it germ. Mostly the period of illness is 2 to 10 days in dogs depending on their immune system. Other infractions caused by parasites, bacterias, and other virus prolonged illnesses.
Coronavirus has some clinical signs and mostly they have un-clinical signs in dogs. Especially, puppies got severe symptoms and are highly infected from Coronavirus. The common symptoms in dogs are diarrhea and decreased appetite. The infection could go more sever if it is a mix of two diseases like Coronavirus and parvovirus.
Diarrhoea may cause in dogs because of many reasons. If a coronavirus severely infects your dogs, it may be confused with parvovirus. If diarrhoea does not resolve in twenty-four hours, make sure to take your dog to the doctor.
There is no special treatment of Coronavirus in dogs. Usage of antibiotics is of no use for Coronavirus but may help your dog to prevent other infections. You should use dog masks for prevention of coronavirus in your dogs. If your dog is facing diarrhoea, withhold food for twenty-four hours, this would help. Medical intervention at the initial stages can prevent severe infections.
Vaccines are available for canine Coronavirus. This vaccine is not equally affected for all of the dogs but is recommended based on the dog’s risk assessment and their habits.
Do I have a virus
People who are travelling to China, especially to Wuhan, are at the biggest risk of being infected by the Coronavirus. In many cases, 2019 – nVOC has symptoms like pneumonia and fever, difficulty in breathing and coughing, in human beings. In some severe cases, people can not even breathe and need a ventilator to survive. Very few human beings also died while fighting against this disease.
According to WHO and NHS, symptoms of Coronavirus include:
- You feel tired
- You may feel difficulty in breathing
- A coughing
- Sore throat
- High temperature
Other diseases like cold and fever also have the same symptoms so that you might confuse them. To get clarity, if you have the symptoms mentioned above, consider the following too:
- Has an infected person contacted you?
- Have you travelled to any area that is at high risk?
Symbols appear in an infected person in 2 to 10 days. The virus can also spread from an asymptomatic person; an asymptomatic person is who contain the virus but not sick yet. In this case, it becomes more difficult to control the infection.
First and the most important thing to avoid Coronavirus is hand hygiene.
Other important tips
- Keep hand sensitizer with you all the time, so that you could wash your hands frequently at your ease.
- Make sure to wash your hands before eating
- Take some necessary precautions, and be careful, especially while travelling in public transport and going to crowded areas.
- Carry disposable tissues and facemask with you
- Make share not to share the pops and snakes from bowls and packets, if others are putting their finger into those packets.
- In case you know the virus is circulating, avoid handshaking and kissing cheeks.
- Your hands and frequently using objects should be clean enough.
Children are at a high risk of being infected by the virus, as they contact many people in a day and are less careful about avoiding the virus. Respiratory droplets are the primary cause of spreading the virus among children.
But, some general precautions can help your child got infected. Some of these are:
- Explain your child hoe virus spread, and how to face and hand hygiene help him in this context.
- Keep the house clean, including bathrooms, kitchen, etc
- Give everyone a separate towel
- It is also essential to keep the home airy, and dry because viruses spread in unsanitary conditions.
- Ask your child to wear facemasks in crowded places.
- Russia also confirmed two cases of Coronavirus recently
- Japan’s ministry of health and Welfare, revealed that japan got three new cases of novel Coronavirus on Friday, with the total number of these cases to 17.
- Italy also declared an emergency on Friday, after getting two know about the presence of Coronavirus in two Chinese tourists. These two tourists arrived in Rome.
- Thailand also revealed five new cases of Coronavirus, having a total number of 19 cases
- South Korea is going to send another flight to china, to repatriate their citizens
- Israel and Germany are also repatriating their citizens from china.